7 Health Benefits of Red Wine. Cheers to responsible consumption of red wine.
Here is a short list of the health benefits of red wine.
1. Keeps Arteries Healthy. Resveratrol found in the crushed red grape skins that give red wine its color has been found to keep arteries healthy, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease by 25 to 40%.
2. Reduces LDL Cholesterol. A second benefit from resveratrol, an antioxidant is that it raises levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL, or good cholesterol) and lowers levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or bad cholesterol). This in turn helps keep cholesterol levels in check.
3. Lowers Blood Sugar. A big benefit to Type 2 diabetics, a glass of red wine with a meal may lower blood sugar levels.
4. Maintains Memory Function and May Help Improve Mood as People Age. The third benefit of resveratrol.
5. May Fight Certain Cancers. Researchers seem to agree that the antioxidants in red grapes do have cancer-fighting properties that fend off the free radicals that damage cells.
6. May Reduce Fat Cells. Thanks to ellagic acids in the grapes, consuming red wine may lower blood sugar and store less liver fat.
7. Protects Teeth from Potentially Harmful Bacteria. Red wine and grape seed extracts can slow the growth of bacteria in your mouth, which means fewer cavities. So long as you brush your teeth after every glass.
Read on for more information: https://www.healthgrades.com/explore/7-health-benefits-of-red-wine?cid=63emHLN02218I
What’s Happening03/19/18 7 Health Benefits of Red Wine. Cheers to responsible consumption of red wine.
Here is a short list of the health benefits of red wine. 1. Keeps Arteries03/02/18 A Caring Closet – Community Medical Equipment Resource
Vancouver based nonprofit organization, A Caring Closet does two things: 1)02/05/18 Think Twice before Going to the ER
Did you know many visits to the ER are unnecessary? Consider this: ~More